Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Where's the miniature blue plastic recliner?

Pink Product of the Day -- although I don't think I can stand to present one in each day of October:

Here's Pink Ribbon Barbie, in a frothy pink organza gown featuring a shirred design with tiers of ruffles. A sparkly, tulle stole and long pink gloves complete the stylish ensemble!

As far as I know, she's as anatomically correct as ever. No mastectomies, to my knowledge.

Mattel will donate $2.50 for each doll sold ($25.00 retail).

It was a challenging day at work. I was truly busy, and feeling a bit resentful at the quality and quantity of projects I've inherited. It was unusual for me. I lost perspective, for sure. I will have to consciously change that, because life is too short (and life is really too short).

In these days of new baldness, I appreciate the folks who meet my eyes with a spark of recognition. They don't say anything. They don't offer advice, or horror stories, or inspirational stories. There are no hallway hugs. They just give me a small nod and an smile. It's a human, pleasant, connection.

I had an appointment with my oncologist yesterday. It went well enough. We're waiting and seeing. That's all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to throw Pink Ribbon Barbie in a pink KitchenAid mixer: http://www.kitchenaid.com/catalog/category.jsp?categoryId=1302
and serve her to guests at my Cook for the Cure party: http://www.cookforthecure.com/

Y'all. come.