Sunday, October 14, 2007

Sunday

Eric's mother was here this weekend -- a short, two-day, trip from Florida. I couldn't ask for a better mother-in-law. We are from very different worlds, but we share an undeniable love for her son. I love her son, and her son loves me -- and, honest-to-goodness, that was enough for her from the very beginning. Plus, I make her laugh. 'Nuff said.

She was planning on flying back to West Palm Beach tonight, but in the early evening she learned that her Uncle (the father of a beloved cousin) in Witchita, KS had died. So there was a flurry of phone calls and internet flight research, and just a a half hour ago we dropped her off for a flight to Kansas by way of Texas.

Having a house guest -- even an easy house guest -- doesn't make for a relaxing weekend. The work week ahead is promising to be especially hectic and fast-paced. After that things should slow down some.

What else...?

We went to the movies today. We saw "Across the Universe". Eh. Enjoyable enough.

It's always deeply good to spend time with Eric, but this weekend was particularly nice and warm and yum. In my world, Eric is sunshine. It's just how it is.


I mean, just look at him! Here we are in Mexico. I'm reflected in his shades. :)

No comments: