Sunday, October 28, 2007

Comfy Cure


Dear Management,

The good people at Lee would like you to send the following email to your employees:

October 5 is Lee National Denim Day! Lee National Denim Day gives us the chance to honor those who have been touched by breast cancer. Just donate $5 to the Women's Cancer Programs of EIF in exchange for wearing your favorite jeans to work,


It's hard to explain just how honored I feel.


I'm really looking forward to Halloween. No plans, really -- giving out candy to any children who ring our bell. Our home is in an urban area (thank goodness!) and so there aren't many trick-or-treaters. Those who are willing to walk up the many exterior steps to our front door are handsomely rewarded!


Mostly I'm looking forward to Halloween on accounta it signals the end of Breast Cancer Awareness Month. In a sense, every month is breast cancer awareness month 'round here... but without any fancy satin ribbons.

If awareness cured cancer I think I'd be cured. If shopping cured cancer I think I'd be cured. Komen's (and I say Komen with same inflection as Seinfeld says Neuman) latest bit of marketing genius is this tag line:

I AM THE CURE (tm)

But enough. It's almost over.

I found a blog today that made me laugh. I put a li'l link to it on the sidebar over there.

Was up until 7:30 AM this morning. Hoping to not repeat that experience! Work tomorrow and a long week ahead. Onward!

No comments: