Monday, October 08, 2007

Sayonara Weekend.

I woke up around five in the morning on Sunday feeling sick, sick, sick. My head in a vice grip, my skin crawling...

I went to the guest room and the comfy recliner so as not to awaken Eric. I wanted him to be able to sleep, and I knew that I could not. And I didn't. Ten or eleven wakeful, not-well, hours passed before I moved again. I stood up sometime in the late afternoon to go lie down in bed. And then I stood up a while later to go to the couch. That was more-or-less my day.

Now it's Monday, technically, but I still have to sleep before work tomorrow (today). I'm supposed to be a "runner" tomorrow. That is to say: I'm supposed to spend about five hours ushering groups of Kindergarten and 2nd graders back and forth from their classrooms to the van where they will have their hearing checked.

I'm flabbergasted as the prospect of being a "runner".

I also don't relish the opportunity to show up at a school site looking green around the gills and bald. The Office Ladies at the schools usually just talk to me on the phone. They don't know I'm green around the gills and bald. But they will tomorrow.

It's okay. I have nothing to hide. I'll just recieve a few extra e-card notifications that I've been added to someone's prayer list.

Btw -- adding someone to your prayer list? Literally, the least you can do.

Off to bed.

No comments: