Saturday, June 25, 2005

Well, phooey.

The good news is that I had an excellent steak tonight. The bad news is that I am in pretty bad pain, and double doses of Ibuprofen, Tylenol-4, and Flexoril (not all at once) aren't having any impact.

Unfortunately, in the afternoon on Wednesday, an hour or two before heading out to the airport, I slipped and slid and fell down in a grocery store parking lot. Since then I've been in pain (chest and back), but I kept thinking that I'd wake up in the morning and feel better. Problem is that every morning I feel worse!

So now I'm pretty bummed. Sitting is okay for a few minutes, standing is okay for a few minutes... nothing's good for very long. This is a bad way to start vacation... and REALLY bad way to go to DC, on accounta all the walking we need to do.

Oh, well.

I'm sure I hurt my back in the fall, and jarred my chest at the same time. Still, I start thinking that it's cancer in my spine. So many women I know have mets to their spines, and it's quite painful. But I guess I should look to the simplest explanation first, and I DID fall.

So here I am, hoping that I feel better tomorrow!

That's all I have to report from Florida tonight.

No comments: