Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Another walk down the hill to Kaiser

On the recommendation of my oncologist I have an appointment with my surgeon today. First, how freaky is it that I have an oncologist and a surgeon?

I would like the surgeon to laugh me out the office, saying, "Are you kidding me? That's NOTHING!" So if you could hold that thought today, I'd appreciate it.

On another note.... I don't want to get all Hallmark or Family Circle or Chicken Soup or anything, but I do have some advice from the wrong side of a cancer screening, and it's this:

If you own any scratchy clothing -- shirts made from itchy linen or prickley wool -- or clothing with tags that cause discomfort and poke you and can't be fixed.... THROW THEM OUT.

Life is too short to engage in clothes masochism. I don't care how cute you look in that woolen tunic and tights, either.

No comments: