Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Is this Tuesday or Wednesday?

I am feeling much better, thank you, although still not 100%. Yesterday Eric and I ventured out to the grocery store and to the movies. We saw "Must Love Dogs", because I didn't want to see anything intense or violent or action-packed. It was none of those things. There were a few cute moments but overall it wasn't a big winner for me.

Still, it was nice to be out, and wonderful to be in Bay Area climate (temperature and citizenry-wise).

I checked in with my Christian friends last night -- I hadn't spoken with them since long before we left on our roadtrip -- and I have this nugget of wisdom to share with you from David, 50 year old book store owner, and father of three adult children:

Just think if the South would have won [the Civil War]....they would have gotten rid of slavery anyway (not the real reason for the war anyhow), and probably the Confederate nation would not have abortion, and half the other social liberal crap of the North.


When the conversation turned to state flowers, mottos, et cetera, this is what Ren -- a 40 year old former Airforce wife and mother of a 17 year old in Seattle, WA -- offered by way of explanation for California's state motto:

that's what the immigration officials say to the undocumented aliens....."You reeka!"


To which Maggie, a single woman with three teenage sons who works and goes to college at night, responds with:

Ren nah..they just tell them to go apply for food stamps


I have nothing to add to their commentary.

No comments: