Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Sleepy me!

I went to see my oncologist today -- nothing dramatic or important. The waiting room was full of sad looking people. Imagine!

One woman's name was called and she stood to follow the nurse back into the examination room area. Several feet down the hall she looked over her shoulder, turned, and said, "Are you coming?"

Her husband grumblemumbled, "I guess so," and joined her.

Tonight we will have a houseguest. Valentine is Leah's mother. She's in town to support her daughter Sara (Leah's sister), who is standing in line tonight to audition for American Idol tomorrow. I hope she makes it!

Tomorrow night both Valentine and Sara will be staying with us.

I am tired. I am deeply, deeply, tired. There's nothing else I can say that will carry as much truth as those words, so I think I'll call it a night.

No comments: