Monday, August 29, 2005

Missing Summer

Today is Eric's first day back with students. Talk about an energy drain!

Eric and I are not old and we're not young. We're somewhere in the middle and the middle has been rough on both of us. I've never wanted to go back in time -- never longed for my youth -- because life has always gotten better and better for me.

I suppose it doesn't matter, anyway, since we can't go back.

At my next set up scans they could find that there's been lot's of progression. I could have, say, 18 months of uncomfortable life ahead of me. Or, over the course of many years I could be progression -free or show little progression, and I could live the next 5 years with a good quality of life.

It's impossible to know which scenario will play out, and that's an interesting place to be. Do I have years or a year? Will like be okay or will be totally hard?

I'm still figuring out how to fit all of these questions into my daily routine of work, sleep, and (always, always) loving Eric.

No comments: