Thursday, August 11, 2005

My Kingdom for a Latte

Because I'm having a ct scan today I'm unable to drink coffee this morning. This is interfering with the quality of my life.

The scan will indicate if my current treatment has been effective. If there's less evidence of cancer, or if it's stayed the same, then I'll continue with the same hormonl treatment (lupron and arimidex).

If the cancer has grown, I will be said to have failed arimidex. That's how they phrase it: we fail the drugs, the drugs don't fail us. If I have failed arimidex, no new hormonal therapies will be tried.

With no hormonal therapies in the bag-of-tricks, my choices would be limited to chemotherapy and radiation (rads for pain management). I have no idea what chemo would be tried first, and I'm not sure that I'd even embark on a chemotherapy journey while I still feel pretty good. I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. For now, all I want is a ct scan and a cup of coffee, thank you very much!

Here are a few pics from recent days:


Muir Woods has some taaaaaall trees.


Yoko and Luana at the Blackjack Tournament awards ceremony, where Luana won a cool $100.00.

No comments: