Tuesday, August 23, 2005

School Days, School Days

Today's my first official day of work. It seems that I will be late for my first official day of work.

It's a strange thing. The impulse is to bemoan this day, and to think: well, only 190 work days and then I'll be free for another fabulous summer.

This really lends new meaning to "wishing your life away". At the end of this school year I'll have lived for approximately one quarter of the remaining days my onocologist predicted for me. It was an off-the-cuff-prediction. It's all a shot in the dark. Still...

Also: I would like the world to tuck cotton around Eric today. Whatever it is you do -- prayers, white light, good thoughts -- let's pump up the jam for Mr. Price, who's as worried, scared, and sad as I am (and sometimes more).

No comments: