Thursday, September 01, 2005

Surgeon sez...

The surgeon says that just because my recent ct scan doesn't show cancer somewhere, doesn't mean that there's not cancer there, because ct scan miss LOTS of things.

Now there's a comforting thought!

Anyway... I'm taking a "wait and see" attitude with the swelling at my clavicle. Further testing would be invasive (behind bone), and would tell us if it's cancerous. Since I have known cancer, this really isn't vital information.

If it gets larger, it's worth checking out, because that would mean that I'm failing my current treatment. (Remember... we fail the treatment, not the other way around!)

If it stays the same or gets smaller it means that a) It's cancer and the treatment is successful or b) it's not cancer, it's something else entirely, and it's going away.

There's not enough time in the morning to read my email, drink coffee and write this blog! Oh why must I be hampered by work work work!

No comments: