Monday, September 12, 2005

It's Pajama Day at Eric's School.

He's going to be cute... I can tell.

Eric and I went to dinner at our favorite SF restaurant, Lulu, with Jane on Saturday. On Sunday we hosted a brunch, and we have the leftover quiche, potatoes, ham, bagels, and fruit to prove it. We finished the cake.

September has been a crazyily busy month. Next weekend we're going to a three-day festival in Laytonville. There'll be lots of hippies and rave kids, and at the appointed time, a prayer for peace (mirrored at events around the world).

Busy, busy, and Novemberf is already mostly booked. That is why I'm thinking of instituting a No Fun October. I could use a string of weekends with nothing to do. It's actually a toss-up between No Fun October and naming October "Get Rid of Stuff " month, as I am drowning in junk that really needs to be thrown out or recycled.

I'm not sure I have the constitution for a combined No Fun /Get Rid of Stuff Month (the obvious solution).

The other thing is... I'll be having scans early in November, and my current treatment will be said to be working, or I will have failed it. If I have failed, then are next steps, and next steps will likely not be as pleasant as the current ones.

So... I do have a sense that this is the time to play. I feel too hemmed in for balance or moderation -- but full on busy mode isn't sustainable for me, either.

That's what I have to say this Monday morning.

No comments: