Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Morning Blather

I looked at old pictures yesterday... briefly, because it could have gotten very maudlin very quickly. Here's what I have to say: Eric and I used to look younger. Even Eric, who has a timeless quality about him, has gotten older.

This morning he was sitting at the dining room table, wearing his reading glasses, looking so cute that I could hardly stand it. His glasses are really adorable. It makes me smile to see him in them. And I helped him choose them! He called me from the optometrist's office to help him pick them out. I walked down to Piedmont Avenue and shared my vast eyewear knowledge with him.

When you're married to Eric, it's nice to occasionally stumble across something that you're better at than he!

Eric has always disliked the idea of aging, but I never cared that much just as long as I was with him. I wanted very much to be one of those old couples eating the early-bird special in restaurants. I even wanted matching walkers with matching tennis balls on the front legs.

I would never, ever, leave Eric if I had a choice.

No comments: