Monday, April 30, 2007

Coffee Good

I "woke up" over the weekend, in the sense that the Decadron kept me awake until 5:00 AM on both Saturday and Sunday mornings. This meant a sort of tag-team sleeping arrangement with my 300% more-handsome-than-the-next-most-handsome-man husband. No fun!

I slept for three hours on Sunday from 5:00 to 8:00 AM. I can't say if the fog has lifted or not, but I sure am sleepy. I won't be scheduling any brain scans. I don't want to know if I have cancer in my brain. If I do, I'm sure it will become apparent in a timely manner.

Here I am! At work... latte beside me... assuming that NM is the magic fairy who largely kept my desk clean during my absense last week.

I have a new port insertion scheduled for Wednesday morning. I'm not too worried about it. Even if I have another bout of post-surgical whirly-brain, it's not the end of the world.

There are just thirty-seven work days left in this school year. That's gotta put a little spring in a person's step, whatever else is going on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad you're feeling better, martha. 37 is a nice number to dwell on. if you were working in ireland, you'd only have 21 days to count.

Martha said...

I am currently seeking employment in Ireland.