Thursday, April 19, 2007

Thursday

Now that I have an inch and a half of grey, poofy, straight, Miracle Hair -- the oncology nurses have never seen a patient continue with Taxol and not be completely bald -- the word is out around my workplace that I am done with treatment. Many believe that I have been cured.

I argued with a janitor about it just this week. He insisted that I'm in "remission", and wouldn't back down from his position. He also told me that even if I still have cancer (which he certainly wasn't conceding), that it's possible for me to live with Malignant Cancer for 20 or 30 years.

He has a friend who has had Malignant Cancer in his shoulder for decades.

Eventually I stopped arguing, on accounta why keep yakking about it when 1. I'm right and 2. I don't want to be?

I'm at work and I haven't had enough coffee. Will take care of that shortly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i suppose that walking away from the argument is the best thing, when the only viable alternative is punching the person.

Anonymous said...

How extrodinarily uncomfortable foryou and stoopid of him.