Sunday, April 22, 2007

Feliz Cumpleanos

It was a pleasant, quiet, easy, birthday with Eric today. I've already decided that I like being forty-two. I sure wouldn't trade it for twenty-one!

Many friends called in the last few days to wish me a happy birthday. It was sooo nice to talk to folks. My time and energy is dominated with work and doctor's appointments -- I rarely get to play with all of the people I love anymore, which is a striking difference between being 40 and 42.

Eric gave me a wonderful new desktop computer! It's all shiny and compact and full of flat-screen-goodness, and I love it! I love him, too. Just in case I haven't made that clear already.

I'm going to work in the morning, then I'm off to the hospital at noon for a li'l outpatient surgery. I'm receiving anesthesia, so I'm not supposed to consume anything but clear liquids after midnight. I'm planning on cheating and having my usual latte. I want the earth to keep spinning on it's axis, after all.

Sadly, I believe I'll have to spend many hours in that room with the gurneys and curtains. The nurses are nice, but it's a strange sort of limbo space. It's not my favorite place to be.

That's it! A mellow birthday and no complaints. I'll take it! And at least a couple more of 'em, I hope.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Martha,

Happy Birthday from one 42 year old to another. I agree, it beats 21 hands down!

-Leslie

Anonymous said...

happy birthday, martha, albeit two days late. i haven't checked the blog since the weekend. i hope you have many more too.
doreen xxx

Martha said...

Thanks for b-day wishes, leslie & doreen! Doreen, you're a few years younger, yes? Close, though, I believe!