Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Ack.

Too much media today. First, I tried to track down some information on the internet by visiting cancer websites. Imagine clouds of bubble gum tulle. I've been bludgeoned by hope.

Next, the cancer blogs: Ladies with less common cancers complaining about the popularity of breast cancer. Twice I saw breast cancer referred to as "sexy".

Then: Virginia Tech, and callers demanding to know why the shooter wasn't marked as a potential killer after turning in a violent creative writing piece. Reporters talking about "loners". Ted Nugent pleading with Americans to arm themselves.

George W. comments on the value of prayer.

Enough already!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you. Breast cancer is sexy? Ugh. And though I feel for the families who lost loved ones at Virginia Tech, the media barrage is obscene. What's up with the spin? The gunman was an ENGLISH MAJOR!! He was a LONER!! If they were profiling that way when I was in college, I would have been in trouble.

Martha said...

I had the same thought -- although I know that the fella who did this was on a whole different level of nuttiness.

However, I was a "loner", would sometimes not speak when spoken to (after having been f***ed with for years) and wrote bizarre stories about a character named Boogersnot Pinickleicklelee.

It's a tragedy all around, but boy do I dislike those reporters.