Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Just a Tuesday

Eric bought a new car over the weekend -- a hybrid Civic. I've been wanting a smaller car, and hybrids make a heap o' sense. I drove it for the first time today. It definitely handles differently from any car I've driven before.

A new car is a small matter when you're married to Eric, who is an accomplished and gleeful buyer and seller of motor vehicles. It's a small matter, but the folks at work have made it fun for me with their enthusiastic approval of the car's color.

I'm home from work tomorrow. More accurately, I'm at the hospital tomorrow. I'll have a new port inserted on the other side of my chest. I've no real concerns about the procedure, despite my past difficulties. I'd consider worrying if I thought it'd change the outcome.

My upper torso is quite a war zone: 1.8 breasts, axillary scar, 13 or so blue dot tattoos from two separate courses of radiation, permanent discoloration, almost-tic-tac-toe-board of two inch scars on my right chest, soon to be port-scar on my left chest, clavicle bulging with cancer and poorly healed fracture....

I can't tell you why it sometimes makes me smile, but it does. It doesn't make me happy, but it makes me smile. Maybe it's just relief... relief that it doesn't look ugly to me... relief that I largely don't care.

Back to work!

No comments: