Monday, May 07, 2007

Eric says it's time to go to bed!

As I enter my ninth month of weekly chemotherapy, I can only describe my numb feet as squishy bricks. That's it. A mouth full o' dirty pennies, and a pair o' squishy bricks for feet.

Today CN told me how lucky I am to not have allergies. She has allergies, and they drain her. I know so many people who are felled by menstrual bloating, pollen, sniffles, and the vapors -- I wonder how they would feel about pennies and bricks?

Well, I know how they'd feel about pennies and bricks. There's a consensus about these things.

But seriously. If I sometimes feel that I should be made of sterner stuff, what about all the folks who require smelling salts for their dropsies?

I don't know what to say to people who tell me that they needed valium to have a small mole removed for testing.

I consider the continuum of aaaall the people who suffer... suffer in their bodies, suffer in their hearts... and I recognize that my life is quite pleasant Still, I don't want to be told that I'm lucky to not have itchy, red, eyes.

I'm sure I am lucky to not have itchy, red, eyes. Red & itchy eyes would really suck, on top of everything else.

Okay. I'm lucky. But (as is the case for everyone, I suppose) that's for me to recognize, not for someone else to point out.

And that's the news on Monday night!

No comments: