Friday, May 18, 2007

Today

I spent all morning listening to music. It was nice... an extended online stream-of-musical-consciousness session, with one song leading to another artist, and another artist leading to another song.

Sometimes, when the ladies-who-lunch at work start yakking about how the world's gone to hell in a hand basket and boy it sure is hard to be a kid today and blah blah blah, I say: Yeah.... but the Internet. ALL QUESTIONS ANSWERED! No more wondering how old Elizabeth Montgomery is, or trying to figure out that song lyric you can never quite catch!

I lingered for a while with John Prine. John Prine's been on my mind for a few months now... not sure why... but I found nice live performances and interesting interviews. I rarely care to hear about why, how, or when a song is written. That's fan stuff, and I'm no one's fan. I just want to hear the music! But I enjoyed hearing what John had to say. I got a kick out of how he spoke in images that were similar to his those in his songs.

Eric and I waited over 2.5 hours for an appointment with the surgeon today. It was an absurd amount of time to wait, but it wasn't too bad... it was nice to be there with Eric.

I'm hoping for a quiet, restful weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Martha, Another great thing about
the internet is that you can read your friends blog and send a quick I
love you from far away.
Hey the last time I went out for music and/or dancing was with you and
it was sooooooo fun, but by 3 am I was soooooo tired and had to beg you to take me home!
I love you, Sandy
I sure would like to see you this summer.

Martha said...

Sandy, it's always so nice to know you've wandered by this blog... I'm happy that you're out there. I had great fun with you at the show -- and I was MORE than ready to go home myself!

We'd love to see you this summer! Are you going to the Fair?

Sending big love to you...