Friday, October 21, 2005

TGIF

I'm tired this morning. Need to keep reminding myself that, yes, radiation does cause fatigue. I noticed today for the first time that the area of radiation (rather larger than one would expect) is starting to turn pink. I apply pure aloe vera gel three times a day and hope for the best.

My chest is a constellation of blue tattoed dots from old radiation and new radiation, and a criss cross of thick blue ink lines. I'm not supposed to wash them away, but they smear and streak. So there's a general blue cast, and smudging and general messiness... and dots. And pink. And ink on the inside of my clothing.

We're going to a dinner party tonight at Luana & Yoko's! This makes me happy. Such good company, and the food will be yummy, and it's so nice to be invited!

Beyond that... lying low this weekend. Put the cabosh on our fun plans: we have completely kick ass seats to a MOE/Governtment Mule concert at the Warfield for Saturday. I think they might be lower loge? If not... close. It's going to be a great show, but we won't be there.

I am not one iota closer to having any information about my continuing cancer treatment. I do not know what it means for me to have failed hormonals. Communication with my oncologist remains poor. He has made some small effort. He has not made enough.

If it were the beginning of Breast Cancer Awareness Month rather than the end, I would garner my waning energies to produce a new logo for the cause. I can see it in my mind. No one must steal my idea, as I will render it when I can: a pastel pink skull and crossbones, with a pink a ribbon on it's head. Will Melissa wear it? It has a rock and roll spirit, I think.

No comments: