Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Ouch to the umpteenth power.

I have experienced a sudden increase in pain -- boy oh boy have I experienced a sudden increase in pain. The last 24 hours have been an incredible, hazy, howling, adventure in pain.

I've been to the doctor. He's given me dilaudid, and even that hasn't made me comfortable. Foggy, yes... comfy, no.

I will begin radiation therapy to shrink the turmor (that seems to be pushing on a nerve) and control the pain. I have my radiotherapy consultation on Thursday, dry run on Friday, and no radiation until Monday. I don't know how many sessions I'll have or what the side effects will be.

Also, in the next few days, I'll be having ct scans.

It seems that I have failed hormonal therapy.

How far has my cancer progressed? When will the pain stop? When can I work? What will chemotherapy be like, now that chemotherapy is a more immediate option?

I have questions but no answers.

No comments: