Saturday, October 15, 2005

Blech.

I was awake from around 1:30 this morning until around 7:30. I had just taken dialudid, and my sleep was full of narcotic dreams. Not nightmares... just weird images. My eyelids were made of clay, and it was if someone had gone through and pinched little mean-faced men into the clay with thumb and forefinger. When I closed my eyes, all I could see was row after row of mean clay faces.

So, it was a good night for sitting up. I haven't taken any drugs since, except the anti-inflammatory. I don't mind the pain as much as I mind the fogginess. A good sign, I think. We'll see how long it lasts.

Yesterday I had my "dry run" radiotheraphy, and recieved my three new blue-dot tattooes. I also had a full body ct scan, with a lovely banana-barium shake beforehand.

The onset of this pain was so sudden. I was minding my own business one moment -- thinking of how to juggle out of town trips and concerts and whatnot. I now I've been (essentially) on my back for a week.

This is not what I had in mind when I said that October would be a No Fun Month. I just wanted to rest up for all the fun in November.

So much for that plan!

No comments: