Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Work Work Work

I haven't had much to write/say lately. I'm just working, working... trying to get through this final push before vacation.

I went to Eric's school for lunch today. We sat in his room an ate tacos. He was handsome, as always. I've been thinking about how much I like being in a car with Eric -- driving to some fun destination, or driving back to the house we've loved and the life we've enjoyed.

Sometimes the best part of a vacation is getting there with Eric. We talk & talk in the car. We talk about everthing, and we talk about nothing, too. We play silly games. Eric's been kicking my ass in "I-Spy" for over a decade now. Boy, can that man spot license plates.

We list every state motto we can remember, and sing every song that has a state name in the lyric. We sing every song written by Elton John or Bob Dylan. We sing songs that have a color in their titles.

I ask Eric general knowledge questions. For instance, I might ask him to explain how a swamp cooler works. If he asks me why I want to know I always answer , "no reason". He always has an answer.

Some couples fight when they're on vacation. I think they want something different than they get at home. They want to be somewhere, or do something, that's transformative.

But I love that Eric is Eric the world over. Eric is Eric wherever we go -- devoted, smart, constant, adorable.

A week from tomorrow we'll be in Mexico. Yahoo!

No comments: