Monday, June 26, 2006

Monday

It's Monday and we're still enamored of this place and this beach. Today we're dragging ourselves away from the resort to take a drive into Mismaloya, where Night of the Iguana was filmed. Eric has many memories of the beach there.

One of the cool things about this place that I forgot to mention is that Americans are in the minority here. The Americans are few and far between (and mostly from Texas). Most of the guests are Mexican or Canadian, and most of the staff speaks little English. Because of this our Spanish is getting a workout and that's nice.

Some of the staff have asked my handsome, tanned, husband if he's from Mexico. I'll never understand it, but Eric's Spanish has a way of fooling folks. Just another example of Eric's magic.

We've both been reading a lot. I've finished two books and I'm half way through a third. Sadly, I forgot to bring the final book of a trilogy I'm reading. I think that could be the only thing I DIDN'T pack. I have waaaay too many clothes.

No comments: