Friday, June 16, 2006

TGIFriday

I went to dinner with Janis last night while Eric attended graduation. It was nice -- cocktails and hangar steak and blue lake beans and mashed 'taters, plus the good, good, company.

Eric joined us for dessert, looking very handsome in his suit and tie.

Today is the last work day for Eric and he's happyhappyhappy.

We're attending a going away party tonight for one of Eric's co-workers who is moving to Portland. Tomorrow we're going with Corinne to see the fabulous Mr. Tom Silva play his golden harp in The Fantasticks. Sunday we're participating in a 5K Fun Run and attending an A's game afterward.

I work Monday and Tuesday. Wednesday I pack. Thursday we fly to Mexico.

There are some folks at work who are suspicious that I'm traveling so much this summer. A few of them have asked me point-blank where I got the money. One has asked in a puzzled tone, "Why would you want to go on so many vacations"?

I recognize something hectic in our summer plans. I wish that I could dream of a score or two of summers ahead. I wish that I had time to do all the things I want to do, and time to rest in between.

I don't tell them that, of course. They're just blips on the radar. I have my eyes on the horizon (when I'm not happily gazing at Eric).

No comments: