Wednesday, June 21, 2006

School's Out

It's hot and sunny today, and we're preparing for our flight to Mexico tomorrow. This is fun, even though we're busy.

It feels like a real summer, like when I was a kid. I'm packing cute summery clothes that I don't normally wear, and I bought a beach cover up that looks very similiar to something I owned in 1975. I'm packing multiple bath suits and sunscreen and I have a new snorkel (to go with my old mask and fins) that is superior to my last snorkel.

Last summer was wonderful. It was a real adventure, what with exploring new cities and states, and all o' that campingcampingcamping. It was very, very, good. BUT... I was two months out from a bad diagnosis, and still trying to figure out how to live while dying.

I still don't have it figured out, but I'm no longer in a fog of shock and grief.

I feel a siesta coming on...

No comments: