Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Grumble

I am part of an online community of women who have metastatic breast cancer. The collective noun for a group of women with metastatic breast cancer should be a flagging or a waning, because we drop like flies.

Most of the cancer ladies who have blogs are Beacons of Light. They're holding out for a cure. They do those crazy 60 mile walks and raise a bazillion dollars. Their faith helps them through because it's all in God's hands, and so on. Needless to say, I can't relate.

It's rare to find a Stage IV lady who's still singing the "cancer is the best thing that ever happened to me" tune. That's typically a stage I - III phenomenon, but occasionally I'll run into a woman with mets who's still hanging onto her gratitude by a thread.

Mostly they don't bitch in public.

I haven't left for work yet on accounta I have a terrible headache. I'm going to take a OTC cocktail and give it till 8:30 to go away before I decide it's a brain tumor.

Life is fun but cancer still sucks.

No comments: