Monday, December 10, 2007

Good Grief

We went out Christmas tree shopping on Sunday, but it wasn't our usual half-day affair. We didn't make six stops, drive out of the city and into the suburbs and then, finally, into the way way out sub-suburbia.

I'm picky about Christmas trees.

Our trees are large Large LARGE -- bigger than advised for the space of our living room. They are gorgeous and symmetrical and (I believe) stunning.

There have been those who've claimed our trees are TOO large, and TOO perfect. The very notion makes me laugh.

But... not this year. Not TOO large this year. Not TOO perfect. I just didn't have the oomph to search. I walked down a few aisles of the first lot, and found a tree that "would do".

I've never had a will-do Christmas tree before.

I'm not claiming it's a Charlie Brown. But it's the smallest tree we've ever had. It practically fits!

And it's kinda bendy and bushier here and bare there. When we get it decorated (usually something that happens within 24 hours but not this time, boy) it'll be pretty, I'm sure. But I'm not so sure it'll be grand.

I wanted to add something here that I should have mentioned a few days ago. Last Thursday we went out to dinner with friends... some traditional Oakland BBQ w/ Janis and Jennie and Tom and Corinne. It was fun.

We talked and ate and talked some more, and it was nice to see everyone. It's important to note the good stuff. I've been feeling bad, but there's still a lot of goodness 'round here.

That's my story on Monday evening.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wanna come see it!

Anonymous said...

Where did you eat this Oakland BBQ? Evert & Jones?

Martha said...

Yes, Luana It was! And because I know you're curious:

Link dinner, medium sauce, w/ yams and potato salad & the lemonade/punch half & half mixture. :)