Thursday, December 20, 2007

Counting Down

One more day of work -- a busy, busy, day of work -- and then I'll have two weeks off. Winter break is sooooo delightful.

In some ways I wish I'd started to work for a school district years & years ago. I could have had all of that lovely time with Eric. Working a school year schedule just plain ROCKS. I knew it would be good, but I didn't know how good it would be.

On the other hand, as a younger (and healthier) woman, I would have been bored to tears by the social opportunities there. I would never have known the fabulousness of a Lisa L. or a Tomas da Silva or an Abbingsole nee Batesole. I would have been Pennie-less and Corinne-deficient. And can you say Luana? I can! Luana.

I'm not sure we'd have ever hosted big dance parties or manufactured our own disco balls, and I may never have made The Punch. Certainly there would be no Camp Martha.

Of course -- there's no Camp Martha this year. And no dance parties. No disco balls and no punch.

One more too-busy day of work and then a two week vacation. Yay!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Proud to say I am the only good thing that came out of your time at N0l0.
Your taught me the joy/smarts of making cocktails by the galloon.Love you Martha!

Anonymous said...

you would have expired of boredome, martha, working in a school in your 20s. you're too lively, opinionated and fun.