Friday, December 01, 2006

I had chemo today, but it was a best case chemo scenario. It was a short... just the three pre-meds and the taxol, so I wasn't there all day.


Here's Eric as we're leaving for the appointment this AM. Isn't he adorable? And I love this view from the front of our house. The Oakland hills in the background could be any European city.


Yes: I'm officially handicapped. BUT... it kinda rocks. Did you know that if you're AlterAbled (as we say at Fair) you don't have to pay parking meters? Also, you get to cut in line at Disneyland. There's a silver lining for sure, although I don't want to belittle the cloud.


A deceptively benign marker given the screaming fear of so many of the folks who enter this doorway. When I see people in the waiting room who look first-time-scared, I try to put a little hop in my step and a smile on my face. I don't want to be part of the tyranny of cheerfulness, but on the other hand I don't want to think that every day w/ cancer is hell.


One of the premeds has been hung. Note my picture on the bag... security! They are very careful with the administration of chemo drugs. The Chemotherapy Suite even has its own pharmacist on site.

I didn't take any pictures after that on accounta the premeds put me to sleep.

It's been a quiet day post-chemo. Eric is handsome and life is good.

No comments: