Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Hoots, Boot, and Markers

I had a nice day at work today. I laughed & laughed w/ NM, who is definitely a hoot. I had a good time w/ CN, as well, who is a different sort of hoot.

Eric and I sang on the way home from work... a crazy Zappa/Manilow medley, with some Neil Young thrown in to boot.

Once home I received the results of my latest blood test, which shows a significant (around 50%) drop in my tumor markers. Tumor markers for breast cancer are notoriously unreliable. They're virtually unused to monitor ned patients (folks with no evidence of disease), and for some people they don't correlate to cancer growth at all. BUT... if I'm going to have a marker drawn, I'd rather have it go down than go up.

That's all!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

even if they're unreliable, it's a good lift and i hope the markers keep on dropping.

Anonymous said...

oh and by the way, how exactly does one mix zappa with manilow???

Martha said...

How does one mix Zappa with Manilow??? Gingerly!