Wednesday, March 01, 2006

23 plus 15 plus 22 plus 14 equals Yay!

March is the month with the greatest number of work days -- 23 of 'em, and not a single holiday or 3-day weekend.  March is the cruelest month.
 
April rocks.  April comes in at a cool 15 work days on accounta Spring Break.  I love having Spring Break.  Working a school year schedule is a trip down memory lane.  I should've started doing this years ago.  I'm not one to regret much of anything, really, but I regret not having the last 15 summers off with Eric.
 
On the other hand, if I'd worked in a school district all of those years I wouldn't have made some of my most wonderful friends.  I wouldn't have met (in order of appearance) Pennie, and Tom, and Lisa, and Corinne, and Janis, and Luana.  So... ixnay on the regrets.  I'm glad to have this schedule now, though.
 
Twenty-three work days in March, fifteen in April, and May weighs in with a bulky twenty-two work days, the second highest month but with summer so close that it hardly matters.
 
And then comes June -- lovely, lovely, June -- 14 more days o' work, and then summer... another summer with the cute boy I met in the park 18 years ago.  Days and days and days of waking up and knowing that all of the hours are OUR hours.  I breathe Eric in and I breathe Eric out.  Lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky, me.

No comments: