Sunday, March 12, 2006

Update w/ Bonus Links!

I didn't realize it had been so long since I've blogged. I assume that I've written about everything here, just like I assume that I've told Eric everything there is to tell. I'm always surprised when Eric doesn't know something (anything) about me. It feels like he inhabits me... what could he possibly not know?

The infusion was fine. It was icky, it was also fine. It hardly matters, as I'll keep doing it every month until I can no longer do it every month... and when that time comes, it will feel like a loss, even if it's "icky". So: it was fine. That's my story, and I'm sticking with it.

We're cruising along, making summer vacation plans. I would like someone to tell me the rule about the capitialization of seasons. I can never remember how it works 'tho I've looked it up a zillion times.

I have moments of something-like-panic. Panic's too strong a word. I have moments of panic's cousin when I feel twinges of pain here and there. I imagine that there's cancer in both femurs and throughout my spine... in my left scapula.... the proximal end of my left humerus. My left arm is heavy and weak. I believe that the cancer in my pelvis has grown, and that there's cancer throughout the fingers of both hands. I hope for artheritis. Weird, huh?

And THEN, I turn away from those thoughts. I'm just Waiting and Seeing. I'm not in any acute pain. It just comes and goes (and comes again, dammit).

We've had a nice weekend. We went to Eric's school's play, A MidSummer Night's Dream, with Tom and Corinne. It was fun... we always enjoy those plays. The kids there do so much with so few resources. I must be getting old, because sometimes I sit there and start tearing up, I'm so proud of them.

Saturday morning I got together with Janis, picked up a latte, and headed out to the Institute of Mosaic Art in Oakland's Jingletown arts district to absorb a little inspiration for my latest mosaic project. Then Saturday evening Eric, Corinne, and I went to a PAC for Change fundraiser in the city. I didn't really listen to the speeches... mostly yak yak yaked with NM from work, who was there with her husband. But the food was good, and I enjoyed several glasses of wine, and Eric looked very handsome.

Today, Sunday, I received an email from Luana, which made me very happy. Luana and Yoko have moved to Hawaii, and we miss them. It was a happy email for a Sunday morning. Now I'm drinking coffee, and soon Eric and I will go for a walk (before the rain starts). We'll probably go to the Berkeley Marina.

And now the blog's all caught up.

No comments: