Thursday, November 17, 2005

It gives me fevah.

I didn't feel better "tomorrow", as I hoped in my last entry. Yesterday went by in a fog of fever, hovering around 101. I was headachey and chilled and feeling pretty pathetic. But this morning my temperature is 98.5 and I'm heading into work.

I'm just ridiculously behind at work. It's not that anyone's going to die, or a child's going to miss a meal, if I'm behind at work. But... I like my job, and I like the people I work with, and I feel bad that I'm so far behind.

I hope the fever stays away. A fever or nausea are about the only things that would keep me from leaving for the cruise on Saturday. It's hard to switch my thinking into cruise mode. I need to be concerned with making sure that I have run-free stockings, and a pedicure, and outfits for the formal and semi-formal nights.... but, really, it's hard to focus on those things.

Next weekend, while Eric and I are (hopefully) cruising back from Mexico, my sister-in-law is having a 25th wedding anniversary party/retirement party for her husband. I couldn't go, because I'm too envious. I think the people who know me best know that I'm not a jealous person -- I don't think there's a limited amount of good stuff in the universe, and that if someone else gets an extra portion, then there's less goodness left for ME.

Still, I couldn't go.

Maybe it's a combo pak... wedding anniversary, retirement, and all of the far-flung family with well meaning and awkward comments.

Time to go!

No comments: