Saturday, November 19, 2005

First: I'm Fine.

Well... day one of vacation is drawing to an end.  By the time we had driven down to San Pedro -- a stone's throw from Long Beach, which kinda gives me the creeps -- I had developed a VERY tender right hand and arm, with a bright red stripe running along a vein!
 
After speaking with an advice nurse, we were given an appointment at urgent care in beautiful Harbor City, California, where I was diagnosed with phlebitis w/ infection.
 
It appears to be a reaction to the 2 hour infusion I had on Monday.
 
Anyway... it hurts, but I was given an injection of antibiotics, a prescription for oral antibiotics, and I was okayed for the cruise.
 
I will go on this cruise if I have to crawl... and I might have to crawl!
 
Our hotel room is very nice... a luxury suite with one of those lovely, big, deep, bathtubs, and a living room with a comfy couch and chairs.
 
My husband is very nice... a luxury spouse with lots of those lovely, big, deep, hugs.
 
I don't feel hale and hearty.  I feel weak and pathetic, to tell the truth.  But I'm still so happy to be here.  I'm happy to be here and I'm happy to be HERE.
 
Let's hope this is my last trip to a doctor while on vacation. 
 
 

No comments: