Monday, November 07, 2005

I did better than 96 people.

I am no longer Reno's highest ranking female craps player. I am Reno's third highest ranking female craps player. Still -- the tournament was great fun, and I came in at a respectable 16th place. I was 16th of 112 finalists.

It was nice to see a woman come in 3rd place, although I was scandalized by her lack luster tip to the dealers. I'm always scandalized by the tipping, but particularly in a finals tournament, which is completely comped to the participants. One person won $1,000.00, and didn't tip at all. The 3rd place winner (and this year's highest ranking woman) won $1,250. and gave a $30.00 tip. She didn't even give them the fifty!

I won $100.00 - would have won $200.00 if I'd come in one place higher. But it's not the money I wanted -- I wanted the bragging rights! Reno's third highest ranking female craps player just doesn't have the same ring to it.

But the tournament is over. The fun has stopped. I have a cold. It's ugly. I have a Throat of Fire.

I'm at work. I'm auditing immunizations. I'm tired.

That's all, folks.

No comments: