Friday, June 01, 2007

Garden Variety Joy and a Can of Corn, Economy Size

Eric and I left work today and stopped at three different stores. After shopping we went out for Chinese food. Then we saw a movie. "Disturbia" was better than we expected -- I clutched Eric's arm and hid my face and held my breath. It was the right movie at the right time, and a whole heap o' fun.

None of these activities are extraordinary, except to me. To me they're magnificent. Any one of 'em wouldn've been impossible a few weeks ago. It feels sooooo good to not feel bad. I wake up in the morning, and I roll out of bed. I stand up and stretch and I smile. I really do! I smile, because I may be tired, but I'm not exhausted.

I'm tired, but I can do things.

Okay, now for the corny(er) part:

The fortune from my fortune cookie read: Love is waiting for you around the corner. I palmed the little slip o' paper, and when we left the restaurant I pressed it into Eric's hand, and told him, "Count to ten and then read this", and then I ran around the corner and waited for him. I heard him laugh when he read the fortune. It was the best part of a good evening.

(And you can stop rolling your eyes now!)

No comments: