Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Call for Proposals

I need ideas for books to read this summer... nothing too heavy, and nothing too trashy. It'll be hard to beat last summer's books, which included Christopher Moore's Lamb (laugh-out-loud funny) and Philip Pullman's His Dark Materials trilogy.

I really haven't a clue.

I usually have a stack of books to read, but my stack has dwindled to a goose egg. I got nothin'. I'm not sure how it happened, but here I am -- five work days left in the school year -- and without any idea what to take on the first leg of our summer travels.

4 comments:

Leslie said...

Martha,

I thought Freakonomics was absolutely fascinating. Not a heavy read, and very enlightening. Don't know if it's your thing, but it might be worth exploring...

-Leslie

Anonymous said...

Define trashy.

Martha said...

Leslie,

I read a review and Freakonomics looks very interesting to me! It's definitely going on my list. Thanks!

M.

Martha said...

Hiya Luana!

Let's see... define trashy...

Anything with a woman and man kissing on the cover... pulpy romance novels... unauthorized celebrity biogaphies...

Most things are fair game. :)