Monday, June 18, 2007

Yawn

This is the last Monday I'll have to get up & go to work for a while. It's very difficult to leave Eric. Why on earth would I go to work when Eric's home?

This is the third summer that I've worked for a school district. I used to work the whoooole summer while Eric stayed home or gallivanted around. And for a long time -- when I worked much harder, and had more ambition -- I worked six days a week. I worked on Saturdays for several years. I used to start work at 6:00 AM.

Now I'm grousing (really, I'm grousing) about having to work three more days at a job that can only be described as EASY.

Eric used to travel in the summer without me. It never bothered me (aside from missing him). I wanted him to have fun. When he was gone I'd eat Ritz crackers or cheesecake for dinner and sleep with the lights on. I would pine.

It's good to see my mother-in-law. It would have been her 50th wedding anniversary on Saturday, and Sunday was Father's Day. She planned this trip to give herself both a celebration and a distraction on those days, having lost her husband just a few months ago.

I'm really dragging my feet now.

The last Monday. Ugh.

No comments: