Monday, March 12, 2007

Weekend

It was a lovely weekend in the wine country. I had no chemotherapy on Friday, which meant no mouth-full-of-grubby-coinage. Food tasted as it should, and I didn't have to sniff everything -- including food, bedding, the air, and my husband -- in an attempt to ferret out the bad, bad, smell.

It was warm and sunny. Eric and I were slow moving, but who cares? We drove up on Saturday and tasted at just six wineries. Five of the six were wineries that I don't recall visiting before: Marimar, Dutton Estates, Iron Horse, Joseph Swan, and La Crema, which is not typically open to the public for tastings.

It was a special barrel tasting weekend and many of the wineries offered us snacks and small plates. We were served yummy cheeses, chocolate, paella, ropa viejas, and pinot braised duck with polenta.

We had a nice dinner with Lisa in Santa Rosa that evening, and went back to our hotel in Sebastapol. On Sunday we mostly just drove, enjoyed the scenery, and went for a short walk in Sonoma.

Now I'm at work, and there are still piles of papers to get through... but they're different piles of papers... and I may be slow and limping, but I don't feel sick. I have chemo again on Friday, but I'm going to try not to think about that today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jelliss. Of the wine country, not the stacks of paperwork.

Martha said...

It was a really nice day. We should go on a non-chemo weekend! Sadly, for the time being I only have one of those a month.