Friday, March 23, 2007

Home at last!

The medical stuff I was s'posed to do yesterday didn't work out, so today has been a long and busy day.

I went to have blood work done this morning, and then had chemotherapy. After chemotherapy we came home for two hours, and then went back to interventional radiology for the port removal. I had conscious sedation, and I highly recommend it.

We just returned from the hospital -- it's so weird to be pushed out of the hospital in a wheel chair -- and the local anesthetic is starting to wear off. Ouch.

Now it's 6:00 PM and I haven't been allowed to eat or drink anything since 7:00 AM. Sadly, I was asleep at 7:00 AM. Eric's making me dinner now.

It's been a challenging few days. I've felt so sick for so long that I'm starting to feel picked on, and my emotions have been more erratic than any period I can remember. I want that to change. Maybe having the port removed is a first move toward that end. It's progress, of a sort, and a step toward resolving at least one of my "issues".

I want to enjoy this sunny, warm, weekend, the first weekend of spring.

No comments: