Saturday, March 24, 2007

Pacheco

I was feeling just as queasy and tired as any recent post-chemo Saturday, but my foot didn't hurt as much, and so we decided to go in search of sun and wildflowers.

We drove to Pachecho State Park, located roughly between here and mid-nowhere. It wasn't our prefered redwood or ocean view sort of locale, but the rolling hills were green and lovely, and there were more wildflowers than we could shake a stick at.


The grass doesn't stay green here for long. We picked the perfect time to visit.


In areas the ground was covered with rainbows of colors -- here are pink and purple, but some areas were red, yellow, blue, and orange.


I love oak trees. There's something about them that seem more "alive" to me than other trees ... more conscious. But that's just hooey... I know, I know.


It was a sunny day but it was windy and cool.


We didn't walk far (not nearly as long as we drove) but we did see snakes, squirells, an eagle, and a bunny. There are also mountain lions, elk, deer, coyotes, and wild pigs in the park. Wow!


My darling and handsome Eric among the tall grass and wildflowers. Eric found the tall, green & golden grass, rippling in the wind, to be eerily beautiful.


California poppies, of course.


At the end of the walk I had over done it, and I was once again a pale, eyelashless, queasy, cancer patient. For a little while, though, I was smiling in the sun with Eric. Which makes today a good day..

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow. It looks like you and Eric traveled to some idyllic other planet. Those pictures look great.

Martha said...

It was really beautiful, although a bit chilly. I couldn't do the flowers justice!