Tuesday, March 13, 2007

There were bridges and wildflowers, too.

This part of the world has a gazillion beautiful places, and Eric and I used to go on hikes.

And you thought all we ever did was go to concerts and have parties!

Our hikes weren't super long or strenuous, but in periods of pretty weather and warm weekends I'd research new places to explore. I found many short hikes in striking settings. We'd navigate the ups & downs of the east bay hills, or circle a small lake, or walk through a field of cows (well, that only happened once but it was a memorable trip to an old ranch in Suison).

If my walking days aren't over, they're at least on indefinite hold. For reasons I can't explain, I still research new outings. It's a real bummer of a hobby, too.

So... I recently found a new walk that would have been perfect for my old life. Short -- just 3 miles -- but reportedly lush, green, and with 5 or so waterfalls to explore. I wanted it. Totally. In fact, the thought of NOT going there was crazy-making.

I passed the information on to NM and she went with her husband. She took pictures, which she shared with me today. It was just as I thought it would be: totally gorgeous.

I've learned that I'm not much for living vicariously.

No comments: