Friday, March 02, 2007

TGFAO (thank god friday's almost over)

My darling husband hurt his back morning, minutes before we were to leave the house for my chemotherapy appointment. I feel so bad for him! Eric's back has always been a bit "tricky", but this is the first time in several years that he's been incapacitated.

I helped him to a reclining chair and went off to my appointment. All of the nurses asked for him and sent good wishes home with me. My nurse-du-jour, the LesbianNotQuiteInCharge (as opposed to a highly lauded LesbianInCharge) talked about Eric's devotion to me. She said that he treats me like a queen, which is true, but is still a funny, old-fashioned expression.

It makes me wonder how other people treat their spouses in the Chemotherapy Suite. Most people are there alone.

Eric is still barely able to walk. Experience tells us that it will take a few days at a minimum for him to be able to resume normal activities.

We have house guests arriving tonight from Oregon, but there won't be much dancing and frolicking this weekend.

However crooked, ouchish, queasy, or headached our household may be, it's still good to be with Eric and good to see our friends.

No comments: