Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Sweet Dreams

I'm drinking hot chocolate. I wish I had time to stay up for a few hours! I guess I could, but I'd be awfully tired tomorrow. I feel good right now. I'm relaxed and happy, having spent an idle evening with Eric, surfing and watching TV and playing silly games.

I dance every day, and every day it makes Eric smile (and occasionally laugh). It can be a pretty sad li'l shuffle, depending on how my body's feeling, but I make a point of it. I dance at least a little bit every day because I CAN.

It doesn't feel schmaltzy when I do it, either, unlike how it sounds when I read about it.

Eric's making me laugh now. He's using fancy french words and it's cracking me up!

I've been reading wildflower hot sheets for the SF Bay Area. There are wildflower enthusiasts who track all of the wildflower scuttlebutt. I'm determined to see flowers this year, so I've had my finger on the pulse of wildflower culture. Word on the street (in the field?) is that unless the Bay Area receives bunches and bunches of rain in February we'll be out-of-luck when it comes to wildflower blooms.

Eric says he'd rather skip the rain and miss the flowers, but I'm hoping for blossoms galore.

Work tomorrow, and yet another appointment with the surgeon in the afternoon. It's my no-chemo week and tomorrow will be my second trip to the hospital. But whatcha gonna do?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'm with you, martha. give me rain and flowers any day. the sun will shine regardless, and it's always so nice to see the flowers. i don't think we'll have too many of them down here either.