Thursday, February 15, 2007

I usually prefer graham cracker crust, but ....

My strategy of only concerning myself with what's in front of me at the moment is working well. I felt overwhelmed a few days ago, and I imagine I will again, but for now I'm back on track.

One of the Ladies Who Lunch made an amazing cheesecake for me on Tuesday. It was giant, and I'm still eating it. It's awfully darn good: three inches high, straight sided with a perfect, flaky, pastry crust, a thin layer of pineapple/lemon & orange zest topping, and a sour cherry sauce on the side. The flavors go together surprisingly well, and the cheesecake itself is perfectly dense and creamy.

It was awfully sweet of her, and much appreciated in the midst of my discomfort and unhappiness on Tuesday.

Chemotherapy tomorrow. Hopefully it will go smoothly.

No comments: