Monday, February 05, 2007

Ouch.

I left work around 2:00 PM today... tired, tired, tired. Went to consult with the surgeon about the never-adequately-healed incision at my port site. He put in a few uber stitches and gave me more antibiotics... thinks there's a chance, anyway, that my port can be "salvaged".

The surgeon has told me more than once that he feel that 3 out of 4 Fridays spent in chemo is "too much". He seems sincerely disturbed by it. He's young, and he's a vascular surgeon. I don't think he sees many cancer patients.

I laughed today and agreed that it's a whole heap o' chemo, but said that the side effects hadn't been too bad, and that I don't have bunches of options. He told me that he was just sorry that I had to go through any of it. He's nice. I wish he didn't look like he's twelve years old.

Tonight I don't want to let Eric out of my sight. The cool thing is that for the most part I don't have to!

No comments: