Friday, February 02, 2007

Seriously, I'm going to have to Google weasels.

It's a chemo day and I also had an appt in interventional radiology and a consult with a surgeon. A long day of medical stuff, and everyone knows how happy that makes me!

But, it's over now, and there's no chemo next Friday. Please, please, please, no one congratulate me on not having chemo next Friday! That's really irksome to me. It's like having weasels gnawing on each of your toes, and then someone trying to high-five you because one of the weasels goes on vacation for a week.

What do weasels eat, anyway? I know nothing about them, and I've probably unfairly maligned them now.

The results are in from the ct scan. It showed some areas stable and some areas regressed. It was good news.

Because I don't want bad scans to have the power to make me sad, I don't let good scans make me happy. I'm glad that it was better news rather than worse news -- boy, am I -- but I look for stuff in my life to celebrate that's more constant than a could-be-worse radiology report.

I don't think I could live my life and have fun and be happy if I was up & down with scans.

That's my story on Friday night.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

weasels have a light brown coat, and in winter they moult to white with a black tip on their tails. they're quite cute and don't necessarily deserve their negative comparison with devious humans. coolest of all is the fact that they perform the weasel war dance after beating their opponents in competition of any kind, for food, women, etc.
oh, and frank zappa has a song called 'weasels ripped my leg'.
see? lotsa stuff about them!

Anonymous said...

Weasels are not as fascinating as baboons. Trust me. Or ask Eric.

Martha said...

Ha! You guys make me laugh!